It is a known fact that storing nuts in their natural shells significantly extends their shelf life. When stored at an ideal temperature and in low humidity, shelled walnuts can keep for up to one or two years. Thanks to high-quality sack kraft paper produced from 100% natural fibres, as well as recent developments in paper technology, our paper sacks meet the highest performance standards.
- Paper sacks provide ideal protection for your products and ensure they retain their quality in storage.
- A recent study by the Finnish research institute Sintef concluded that paper sacks retain the quality and properties of cement for at least 18 months during storage (usual storage time is estimated at 2-3 months). They provided equivalent shelf life as polyethylene form-fill-seal (PE FFS) sacks stored under the same conditions.
- Thanks to the multiwall construction of paper sacks, it is possible to add barrier film liners in order to fulfil specific customer expectations regarding extended shelf life in a range of different conditions.
- There are many different sack constructions especially designed to offer a good shelf life when paper sacks are exposed to extreme conditions such as damp, moisture, light, oxygen or carbon dioxide.
- The correct storage and handling of paper sacks along the supply chain also has a positive influence on their shelf life. For instructions and best practices please turn to our handling recommendations.