Are you interested in staying ahead of the curve in the world of the paper and paper recycling industry? We are thrilled to invite you to our two-part webinar series. It delves into the crucial themes of the circular economy, zero-waste approach, and the implications of related EU legislations and the upcoming reporting requirement on Scope 3 emissions.
Unwrapping sustainability across the value chain with paper sacks
Whether you’re a seasoned professional or new to the field, this webinar series promises valuable insights that can steer your organization towards packaging solutions aligned with environmental goals, regulatory frameworks and your business objectives. Our experts explore innovative strategies, policy implications and best practices that showcase the integration of circular economy principles into the paper sack value chain.
The webinars are directed at professionals in packaging, recycling, logistics, supply chain, purchase and procurement, as well as professionals working in CSR, marketing and sales at companies producing and filling dry powdery materials who:
- want to rely on a renewable material to turn their business towards a circular economy in line with EU legislations
- are looking for a sustainable and recyclable packaging solution, that is high-performing, cost-effective and will also meet future developments
And everyone else who is interested in the topic!
Date: Thursday, 9 November 2023
Recycling is a crucial component of a sustainable, environmentally responsible approach to packaging. It addresses resource conservation, waste reduction, regulatory compliance and climate change mitigation, all while fostering a circular economy and supporting economic growth. So much for the theory. But how does this apply in practice when it comes to paper sacks?
Our experts provided tangible insights and guidance on:
- Test results on current paper sack recycling in regular recycling streams
- Evaluating the benefits from the inclusion of paper sack fibres in recycled paper
- Optimising paper sack design for recyclability
- Opportunities and challenges that the recycling of paper sacks and the use of recycled fibres in new products can entail for a paper sack producer
View the webinar
- 00:00 Introduction
- 03:41 Michael Sturges - Demonstrating the recyclability of paper sacks
- 25:06 Elena Soffiato - Paper sacks-design for recyclability guidelines
- 40:33 Aina Solé Garrigós - Paper sack recycling in mills
- 55:48 Closing remarks
Date: Thursday, 16 November 2023
The assessment and the reduction of CO2 emissions along the entire product life cycle are paramount for environmental preservation, compliance with regulations, meeting consumer expectations, cost savings, and long-term sustainability. For many years, the European sack kraft paper and paper sack industry has been working continuously to align its efforts to the broader global goals of mitigating climate change and creating a more sustainable and resilient economy. Where are we today and how can we further optimise our contribution along the value chain?
Our experts provided valuable insights and guidance on:
- The outcome of our newest LCI / carbon footprint study for sack kraft paper and paper sacks
- The significance and implications of the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive and Scope 3 greenhouse gas emissions
- The relevance and impact of life cycle assessments on corporate value and economic performance
View the webinar
- 00:00 Introduction
- 04:30 Michael Sturges - Life cycle inventory / carbon footprint of paper sacks
- 24:20 Judith Ruppert-Zoltowski - The significance and implications of the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive and Scope 3 greenhouse gas emissions
- 42:25 Judith Ruppert-Zoltowski / Alexander Rossner - Impact of LCAs on Corporate Value and Economic Performance
- 56:19 Closing remarks