The members of our associations are directly affected by proposals in the Circular Economy legislative package published today, which amend the waste and packaging waste legislation. We will submit our detailed responses to specific proposals when we have had time to study them, but meanwhile we wish to present our joint approach on the major topics which affect us:
1. Recycling targets for paper and board
2. Need to revise the calculation method before setting new targets
3. Design of packaging
4. Composition of municipal waste
5. Minimum requirements for Extended Producer Responsibility
6. Landfill and incineration of waste
7. Ecodesign and product design
8. Renewability of material resources
We particularly welcome the consideration of the role of the bioeconomy in Circular Economy thinking, as we have strongly advocated that sustainable, natural, renewable resources play an essential role in completing the loop of a Circular Economy.
For further information please read the Paper Packaging Coordination Group’s position paper on the Circular Economy package.