The survey showed the strong need not only to help the sack manufacturers to find solutions for their printing problems, but also to give them the tools to clearly identify and name the printing defects. On this basis it was decided to elaborate a troubleshooting guide on the most frequently encountered problems which could be easily used in all the sack plants.
We would like to thank all the Eurosac members who have contributed to this guide, and especially the working group members for their valuable input:
- Markus Bauschulte, Windmöller & Hölscher
- Chris Darnley, Siegwerk Printing Inks
- Irene Lindman, Billerud
- Lorenzo Livieri, Sacchettificio Corazza
- Patrick Muller, Fiorini Industrial Packaging
- Erik Segers, Sun Chemical
- Per-Ole Stenman, UPM Kymmene
In this guide of visual printing defects we tried to be as precise and exhaustive as possible, but there can of course be other causes to printing defects than the ones described here, and opinions can differ.
So we would be grateful to receive your comments and feedback on this guide.